Eat, Drink & Be Merry!A rich heritage of food, wine, spirits, theater and music!
Food, drink, and entertainment are natural companions anywhere, and in the Bluegrass you can satisfy your appetite for everything from hot dogs to haute cuisine, stand-up comedy to Shakespeare’s tragedies, toe-tapping acoustic Bluegrass to thundering arena rock shows.
• Bluegrass Fare - Spoonbread, burgoo, hot brown, the Nonesuch Kiss...you’ll find these dishes irresistible, but you won’t find them anywhere but Kentucky.
• Theater Delights - Broadway shows at the Lexington Opera House, lively family fare at Falling Springs theatre in Versailles, Danville’s Pioneer Playhouse, starlit outdoor extravaganzas–there is always a curtain rising on live theatre in the Bluegrass.
• Reds and Whites in the Bluegrass - Wineries here are all scenic, many feature activities for kids, and each offers its own unique creations.
• Kentucky Bourbon - Honey, vanilla, and oak sap are just a few of the flavors you may detect in Kentucky’s finest bourbon whiskeys. Take a fascinating distillery tour and discover the meaning of “the angel’s share.”
• Melodies - There is more to music in the Bluegrass than Bluegrass music–area venues and festivals feature local legends, up-and-comers, and national touring acts performing pop, rock, country, and gospel. And naturally (“Dueling Banjos” riff here)...Bluegrass!